Monday, August 5, 2013

Brownie Mix!


As an avid baker, I often wonder why people by prepackaged mixes from the store when they can easily make them at home? So often I hear "You made that from scratch?! Like not from a box?!" As if it is so astonishing that someone can put together the ingredients on their own. But it can be done, and now you can do it too!
This mix is pretty simple and even if you go to the store and buy all the ingredients, it is a better option than box mix because you can literally make multiple batches to save for later!

Here's what you need:
  • 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 cups white sugar
    (Add this to a plastic bag and save it for later! Write with a sharpie what you'll need to add.)
  • 1 cup melted butter
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tsp of vanilla extract

When you're ready to make your brownies mix all the ingredients together! Put it into a baking dish (9x13) and bake at 350 for 22-25 minutes! It's that easy!

This recipe is great and I whip out a bag of the dry mix anytime I'm craving brownies. The only problem I've had is getting them out of the pan! I've tried everything to keep them from sticking with no such luck. I've greased it, I've floured it, I've left it ungreased, but nothing seems to keep it from sticking! Unless you let them cool completely (and even that can be a struggle). But who wants a cold brownie when you can have them while their hot?

Regardless, they are still gooey and chocolatey! So try it for yourself, you don't need that box!
This recipe is from afewshortcuts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment