Monday, August 5, 2013

(Not so) Magic Cake!


Well, they claimed it was magic, but it just turned into a mess. I don't know if it was because I put it in the wrong pan or if it was because I may have had a couple of beers, but it didn't work.
I found Magic Cake on Pintrest and it sounded incredibly appealing. A seemingly effortless 3 layer cake with a custard filling, that would still impress everyone you shared it with. Awesome!

Recently I got to try this cake and what it is actually supposed to look and taste like, and mine definitely didn't turn out right. The result I got was a flan like squishy cake that never seemed to be done on top. This magic cake also is surprisingly more complicated than you might expect. There are few ingredients, but everything has to be the right temperature or of the right consistency for it to cook properly. And apparently I failed at it.

I wouldn't recommend this recipe though, because even when it's done right its not that good anyway. But perhaps their cake wasn't completely right either. It seems like this cake is pretty easy to screw up and really hard to get perfect. But what else would you expect from a magical cake... I feel like I would fail a potions class at Hogwarts if it's anything like making this dessert.

But hey, try it yourself if you're feeling ambitious and let me know how it turned out! Good luck!
This recipe is from jocooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment